Monday, June 7, 2010

Sonic Treat of the Day: Doug Burr

Photo: Jason Upshaw

So recently, I've been mildly obsessed with Doug Burr. Pure folky goodness. I can't really get behind the Mumford and Sons shit that everyone has been RAVING about (mostly because I was tired as fuck on the night of their last show) but this I CAN get behind. Download my favorite track off Doug Burr's most recent release: 'O Ye Devastator' (Velvet Blue Music). "Red, Red" is the perfect driving song for these June Gloom mornings on the coast of Southern California. Thank you, Mr. Burr.

DOUG BURR - RED, RED



Upcoming shows...damn you, Texas!!

June 11 2010
The Hydrant - Denton, TX.

June 18 2010
Lochrann's - Frisco, TX

June 19 2010
AllGood Cafe - Dallas, TX.

June 26 2010
The Parish - Austin, TX.

July 8 2010
Barefoot at the Belmont - Dallas, TX.

July 9 2010
The Mohawk - Austin, TX.

No comments: