Sunday, May 23, 2010

Everest Live at The Mayan


Everest and Minus The Bear
The Mayan - Downtown Los Angeles
May 20, 2010
Photos: Joe McQuillen

I was tickled with excitement when I heard that Everest was going to be back in town last week...and thank goodness I got to see them before this wicked cold kicked the shit out of me. The band did not disappoint. Aside from playing several tracks from their earlier releases that many of us have come to know and love, they also played a few of my favorite tracks, including "Let Go", from 'On Approach' (out now on Warner Bros. Records). Though the crowd was filled with Minus The Bear fans, those of them that were there early enough to catch the band were treated to a tight set of musicianship from some of Los Angeles' best singer/songwriters. If you've yet to get their latest album and need some more convincing, allow me to treat you to a lil Sonic Treat:

CLICK HERE TO GET "LET GO" (LOVE this track!!)

EVEREST







MINUS THE BEAR




No comments: