Sunday, January 6, 2008

Current TV

Did any one see that scotch_mist Radiohead special that Current TV aired? It's still online...until January 30th, or so the site says:

"This is Current Television's exclusive airing of Radiohead's "Scotch Mist." In this hour long private taping, Radiohead performs all of the tracks from its newest album, In Rainbows. Other elements include poetry readings and diverse imagery created or selected by the band. If you want to see it on TV, it'll be airing again on Current at the following times: Friday 1/04/08 3A - 4A EST / 12A - 1A PST Saturday 01/05/08 1A - 2A EST / 10P - 11P PST Wednesday 01/09/08 4A - 5A EST / 1A - 2A PST"

WARNING: Jonny Greenwood made me cream myself during Jigsaw Falling Into Place...and then again and again...no one's panties are safe



A few years ago, I attended one of the last Death From Above 1979 shows at The El Rey. I had just met JFK (DFA/MSTRKRFT). I was enjoying my "natural" high "whilst smoking a fag" outside the venue. I looked up and I saw a guy approaching me.

Guy with pins: "Hey, you want a pin?"
Ms. Killer (per Kevin Bronson): "Uh..."
GWP: "Do you know about Current TV?"
(he shows me the pins)
Ms. K: "No, but let me get the one with the cute robot on it."
GWP: "Be sure to look us up online. I have a feeling you will like what we're about."


Fast forward to last semester in my feature writing class....a girl in my class is telling me about how I should film my interviews and sell them to Current TV. Hmmm. Turns out it wasn't such a bad idea. Hahahaha!

PS: Shout out to my man, Lazaro Casanova, who I discovered through the guys of DFA and MSTRKRFT. Thanks for always making me dance my ass off and for getting me started on that delicious whiskey. You're right. Loud music + hard booze = good time had by all.

PPS: I will be posting the entire Lazaro Casanova interview soon. You will also be able to find it in mf magazine's spring 2008 issue.

No comments: